Thread: Broken Wii needs SD slot repaired

Broken Wii needs SD slot repaired

So my launch Wii got an SD card caught in the SD slot, dug it out and now the SD slot doesn't work anymore. I removed the Cyclowiz mod chip and switch but my case has a hole in it where the switch was. I called Nintendo to schedule a paid for repair but I am nervous about sending it in.

I have no homebrew, or anything illegal. I just used the mod chip to play backups and let my kid handle the games as he tends to ruin them with scratches, etc.

Anyone have any advice?

FYI, I live in the United States and my Wii is going to the NY Nintendo repair facility.
    Last edited by NeoZer0; 12-29-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Just to let everyone know, my Wii was out of warranty so I paid the $85 and Nintendo basically gutted my Wii and replaced everything. Including my DMS drive which was replaced with a D3-2

But at least the SD slot works now, Homebrew channel here I come

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

but hey USB Loading is better anyway....

That sucks. Surely they have to get your approval for a repair before gutting your wii? I guess you could buy a different drive board and put it in. Also, I guess the act of giving them your wii basically authorised them to make any repair they felt necessary.

Bah, its not a big deal, thats what USB loader is for