Thread: file "hacks.ini"

file "hacks.ini"

Hi All,

I have problem with this file "hacks.ini". I have WII with version 4.2E and I would like play game from USB disk....I hacked my WII about this tutorial:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html

,BUT step n. 7 was problem for me...because in the end I have hacked my WII and I could play game from USB, but when I started WII, so discovered the warning: "file hacks.ini not found on SD...".....but I put the file to root on SD...

I dont know, where I make a mistake:-((( The warning is not good for my Wii....Can You help please? THX a lot

are you using an SDHC card as i had this problem where it worked once then not after that and that was the reason.
    If my post helps click the Thank button ^_^

Guitar Hero DLC tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Ness80 View Post
    Hi All,

I have problem with this file "hacks.ini". I have WII with version 4.2E and I would like play game from USB disk....I hacked my WII about this tutorial:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html

,BUT step n. 7 was problem for me...because in the end I have hacked my WII and I could play game from USB, but when I started WII, so discovered the warning: "file hacks.ini not found on SD...".....but I put the file to root on SD...

I dont know, where I make a mistake:-((( The warning is not good for my Wii....Can You help please? THX a lot
    Did you edit the hacks.ini file for your system and region.
    Then store in the SD\root.

how do i edit my "hack.ini" my region is pal and is v 42E(pal)?

i have install everything (not the ios38-64-v3610.wad because when i came across this tutorial already had install the hbc so i was just interessed in getting the usb loaderGX and priiloader working) but when i get in the priiloader system menu hacks it says no hacks for this version..i downloaded a new version of the hack.ini in another thread but still the same image..no hacks for this version...i have it on the root of y sd card.

what steps can i take to have the hacks in the priiloader system menu?

ps: i install usb loaderGX as a channel but i see you advice to just install the forwarder.wad because of eventual upgrade of usb loader i can delete with any delete apps and reinstall the forwarder.wad and what diferrence will i note on making that change?

thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by strangejonas View Post
    how do i edit my "hack.ini" my region is pal and is v 42E(pal)?

i have install everything (not the ios38-64-v3610.wad because when i came across this tutorial already had install the hbc so i was just interessed in getting the usb loaderGX and priiloader working) but when i get in the priiloader system menu hacks it says no hacks for this version..i downloaded a new version of the hack.ini in another thread but still the same image..no hacks for this version...i have it on the root of y sd card.

what steps can i take to have the hacks in the priiloader system menu?

ps: i install usb loaderGX as a channel but i see you advice to just install the forwarder.wad because of eventual upgrade of usb loader i can delete with any delete apps and reinstall the forwarder.wad and what diferrence will i note on making that change?
    use this link.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/submit-artic...4-2u-4-2e.html

The ini file is a text file, use any editor, delete all lines apart from the ones that you neede for your system, 4.2E 482.

Quote Originally Posted by strangejonas View Post
    thank you in advance.
    got it..just paste the txt of priiloader descriptions of my system in to notebook safed has hack.ini to sd/roots and ...magic they were there.

ty.

thank you..already solved but thanks for being there..i couldn't acess the mediafire page..but already had the problem solved by going to wiibrew and priiloader/hacks copy the txt file from there..later will check if the hacks txt matched.

Great work.

Awesome. This will help me with my problem as well. Thanks given for the question and the answer.