Thread: installed homebrew now what ??

Thanks

Smile installed homebrew now what ??

I have installed homebrew and as far as i can see i have a few options neo gammer and about 4-5 other options i have a few questions when i insert a copied game now will my wii just recognize it and will i play it in the homebrew channel or the normal channel? i have tried to install neogammer twice but the screen just blacks out so is there anything else i have to do anyway thanks for any help in advance

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Homebrew channel alone cannot play backups. The main thing needed is a cios, then you need some ios files the games require. In short, you need to follow a guide that installs these things in order to make bakups work. look in our guides section for the one that is right for you.

Thanks
    I think when i installed homebrew the cios app was within the folder and is there when i enter homebrew. Do i have to install cios and then what do i do? when you download games do you get the ios files with it? Gain thamks for your time.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    this is why i told you to go to the guides section of the forum. there are 2 softmod guides, one for 4.2 and one for 3.1-4.1. this will explain the method to install the files needed.

5. 1 User Says Thank You oddgriffin For This Useful Post

Thanks
    sorry i didnt read the entire guide (silly me!!) and cios makes a lot of sense now that i have read a guide on it but it does now seem that i installed it as an ios and need a gamecube controller to do the next step which i have read and understand so i will have to wait until tomorow to buy one but i think i will be alright from there anyway thanks for your help....