Thread: Starting DVD game copies using homebrew channel

Starting DVD game copies using homebrew channel

Hi all,

I just got a new Wii and did some reading on how I can load game copies on a DVD. I got the impression that this is possible using bannerbomb. Basically i followed the instructions on how to install this and now have homebrew channel and DVDx installed already (didn't install bootmii yet).

Now when i load the homebrew channel, all i see is a screen with bubbles - not sure what i should do to load a copied game. Also not sure it's important but my Wii firmware is 4.1e and i'm using a 1gig SD card.

Sorry if all of this makes no sense but as you can probably tell i'm a complete newbie at this!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

well HBC and Dvdx isint the only thing u need to load backups.(u dont even need Dvdx at all exept for movies). Follow this tutorial exacly.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    after ur done and have installed the cIOS just use the neogamma to load ur backups(if u follow the tut exacly, neogamma will show as a channel in ur menu)

Hi Dami, thank you very much for the tip! Still trying to get my bearings around this stuff.

Just to be clear - is the softmod you referred me to something similar to a firmware update? Can I reverse it completely (also for warranty purposes) if need be and can i brick the Wii?

Thanks again

well its not really a FW update, more like changeing the files. I saw a tut here to reverse it but its not really reccomend to reverse it, u might brick it in the process or something.
    Also its not likely to brick while douing the softmod unless u dont follow a tut and do random stuff. I followed mine exacly and worked perfectly on 4.1U.

1st post

hi guys...like otnemem i am also a complete newbie and have done exactly the same...my version is 3.4E...before i do the mod from the above tut..do i need to remove the HBC and dvdx programs from my wii thats already on there or just load in the bootmii program and carry on from there........

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    You don't need to mess with the homebrew channel if you allready have it.

yeah but theres nothing on it except floating bubbles....should i just indtall bootmii then and carry on with the tut..

make sure there is an "apps" folder on ur SD card o-o

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Yea without actual apps to display on a correctly formatted fat32 sd card. the channel is gonna be pretty much blank, except the bubbles wish provide endless fun times popping them.