Thread: 3.4 best setup for family?

Thanks

3.4 best setup for family?

I did the softmod but I'm having some problems with booting games from my Seagate USB drive. Either way, we recently got a Wii Fit as well as Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm looking for the best setup to keep from having to switch disks all the time. I will most likely play only legally obtained backups of my own disks. BUT, maybe not. I'm not opposed to buying a 32GB SDHC card and loading all the games on there if I need to.

I've had a modded xbox for a long time and using XBMC and customizing the skins I could make choosing games or movies SUPER easy. I'm looking for something similar. I don't expect to have lots of games until my son get's older and starts asking for more.

Thanks for any input anybody can provide. I'm not opposed to buying a hard modded box from the web if that is best bet.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 2,018 Posts
    When you did the softmod, there was an option to install usb loader gx. I installed it and loaded it up with the harddrive connected. When you insert an original game it will ask if you want to install it to the hard drive.

Thanks
    Mine doesn't ask me that, and the hard drive only is recognized about half the time. It is a seagate 500GB external that I formatted with WBFS manager per the instructions for booting games from USB. Should I just us an SD card?

Thanks
    if it doesent ask you that you should try updating the usb loader gx to the latest version.

Thanks
    You could use NeoGamma as a USB/SD/SDHC/Disc loader. It's what I use, and it loads more games with even less errors than USB Loader and USB Loader GX.
    You could try making a disc image (ISO file) of the discs, and use WBFS Manager to load the newly created ISO's onto the HDD.