Thread: Question about BootMii and 4.2U

Thanks

Question about BootMii and 4.2U

Ok, I bought my Wii back in 2006, and have since upgraded to 4.2U. Then I softmodded, and I now have Priiloader0.2, BootMii IOS, HBC1.0.6, cIOS r14, cMIOS r3, DarkWii Extended theme, etc. Should I also install BootMii as boot2, even though I have priiloader and BootMii IOS? Cause I heard that most console from before 2008 can still use boot2 hacks, but I also heard that the 4.2 update fixes boot1 so that BootMii can't be installed as boot2. Should I still install it, or am I okay with Priiloader and BootMii IOS?
    Last edited by TPBFan_99; 12-24-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    if you CAN install bootmii as boot2 then you should do so, ALWAYS!

Bootmii as boot2 is the best brick protection available.

Thanks
    Ok, so it won't mess up Priiloader if I install BootMii as boot2?

Thanks
    Ok, so i installed BootMii as boot2, but now when I turn the wii on, it's like a minute of black screen before i get to priiloader, and now when I try to launch BootMii IOS, it just takes me to priiloader. How do I have BootMii as boot2 along with priiloader and BootMii IOS?

Thanks
    Nevermind, i just had to set autoboot to off in BootMii's configuration. It still takes a while to boot into priiloader, but BootMii IOS is fixed. But if i did brick, would i just turn the wii on, pick BootMii IOS in priiloader and do a NAND restore for the sd card? or would I have to edit my BootMii Config and boot the wii directly into BootMii boot2? What would I change it to?

And one more question thats slightly off topic: In Priiloader, should I enable the system menu hack "Recovery Mode (4th GC Pad UP)" i assume it will let me boot into recovery mode if i hold up on the d-pad of the gc controller in slot 4?

and sorry for the triple post
    Last edited by TPBFan_99; 12-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.