Thread: A Odd Brick and another that well...

A Odd Brick and another that well...

Ok so here is what happened. I ran Wainkoko's 4.1 installer on a previously softmodded wii. It had preloader but no longer i'm assuming that was from the update. Now i didn't touch anyother IOS files or anything else. Just ran the installer. No errors, asked to reboot, i did and now i get a black screen with nothing i can do. Haven't tried the GC controller trick. I also only have a wavebird so im not sure if that will work or not. Is this system toast or is there something i can do.

The other system has a drive key installed. When was updating something i don't recall what the power in the house went out midway. Boots to a black screen. Can i do anything about this? Such as the Savemefrii trick and a autoboot dvd?
    I can swap the chip if that would work on the non chipped system.
    Some help would be appreciated. Neither system was a downgrade nor 4.2. Probably 4.0 max
    Some other info i don't know if it will help or not though. The wii mote will turn on the wii, i can power off the wii with the power button on the system. And my tv is acting like its getting a signal just a black screen. I don't get the message of no signal.
    And yes i know not using Bootmii was dumb.
    Last edited by Vikingstorm; 12-23-2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: More Info

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingstorm View Post
    Ok so here is what happened. I ran Wainkoko's 4.1 installer on a previously softmodded wii. It had preloader but no longer i'm assuming that was from the update. Now i didn't touch anyother IOS files or anything else. Just ran the installer. No errors, asked to reboot, i did and now i get a black screen with nothing i can do. Haven't tried the GC controller trick. I also only have a wavebird so im not sure if that will work or not. Is this system toast or is there something i can do.

The other system has a drive key installed. When was updating something i don't recall what the power in the house went out midway. Boots to a black screen. Can i do anything about this? Such as the Savemefrii trick and a autoboot dvd?
    I can swap the chip if that would work on the non chipped system.
    Some help would be appreciated. Neither system was a downgrade nor 4.2. Probably 4.0 max
    Some other info i don't know if it will help or not though. The wii mote will turn on the wii, i can power off the wii with the power button on the system. And my tv is acting like its getting a signal just a black screen. I don't get the message of no signal.
    And yes i know not using Bootmii was dumb.
    Sounds like savemiifrii is your only option. It is a long shot but worth a try.
    If that fails send it to Nintendo, or you could attempt a nand re-programmer.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.