Trucha Bug Restorer (TBR)
AnyRegion Changer (ARC)
Search each program up at WiiBrew
for reliable links to the latest versions and what-not.
1. create backup of Nand with BOOTMII
2. Download IOS15 v257, IOS15 v523 and IOS36 v3351 with NUSD and place the created wads to the root of the SD Card.
3. Run Trucha bug restorer and:
- Skip IOS reload by pressing "B" when asked to select an IOS to reload.
- Select downgrade IOS15 to v257
- Restart TBR and select IOS15 when asked which IOS to reload (DON'T hit "B" this time)
- Select IOS36 menu and make set the bottom option to match to top 2 above it, then hit "A" at the top to install to slot 36. (also doing this to slot 236 is optional. I prefer to put IOS36 back to normal after this but keep IOS236. the problem is, is that AnyRegion Changer needs IOS36 with trucha bug)
- Restart TBR again and skip IOS reload like before. Then restore IOS15 back to normal (not necessarily required, but let's just do it to be safe)
4. Run ARC and change region, country, etc to the desired region EXCEPT for System Menu then hit "save" (I REPEAT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LISTEN AND THEN COMPLAIN: DON'T DOWNGRADE TO SYSTEM MENU 3.2!! You probably will mess up your Wii that way =D )
5. Run Dop-IOS MOD and reload IOS36 at the beginning. Navigate to the "System Menu"-Menu and select the desired region, set version to 4.2 (please don't fool around here, especially if you don't know much about the wii) and let it do it's magic.
Optional: Changing the Shop's country.
Before you change the region of the wii, you should go to the shop and delete it's account in the options menu. Now, I don't know japanese, so you'll just have to press buttons and find the settings menu. it should be the last option at that menu though. after you've done have, change the country code for the shop with ARC (country codes can be found at wiibrew's page for ARC) and then reinstall the Shop Channel with Dop-IOS MOD for your region. Magic.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems.