Thread: Wiiware launcher...from SD card.

Wiiware launcher...from SD card.

I'm looking for a program like this and I'm not sure if there is already one available.

I'm wanting to run any VC/WiiWare games off of my SD card. Some games run fine after moving them to the channel to the SD card and deleting the original installed channel(Excitedbike:WW, Arkanoid)....many, like gradius rebirth or Dr. Mario online say "failed to launch" and will not work.

Is there a program that will boot and WiiWare off of a usb or SD card...and is it available as a .wad for the main wii screen(like the homebrew channel)

***Just to be clear, I'm not looking for a wad installer...I can install the wad to my wii just fine...I'm looking for a way to launch the bare .wad(wiiware) or installed VC title.
    Last edited by BigTinz; 12-20-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Yes, there is a program called Triiforce which emulates the internal NAND memory on an sd card and allows you to launch Wiiware content. Sinyk wrote up an article here: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-sd-card.html
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

I'm messing with that right now...and it just seems to freeze.

At what point does it freeze, when you're trying to launch? Perhaps an incompatibility with the sd card?
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

wowza. I'm gonna start over with the link you shared. I still have to copy my nand over....

I'll replay back when I hit another snag or get it working, thanks.

I used that guide and it went smooth, and rather quick too.