Thread: Formatting to WBFS on mac problem

Formatting to WBFS on mac problem

So I hate to post about this as I'd much rather just find another thread but I just did a search and some googling and am not getting a direct answer to my questions.

So basically I installed all the softmod stuff in the summer and it worked great but had to wipe the HD that had my wii games recently.

I have a new HD now for wii and have no clue how I formatted ti before because it won't let me format the drive in WBFS manager for mac (the format option is greyed) and when I boot up with USB loader it ask if I want to format then doesn't do anything and when I try to rip a game it crashes.

Also I formatted the drive to FAT 32 before I tried to format with USB loader.

Can anyone help?

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Is the drive or partition you are using more than 500 gig? That seems to be an issue. I only did one drive and it has been a while, but th e wii was able to do the formatting for the first partition.

its a hitachi 250 gig. My old one was a 500 gig and seemed to work well. Should I try to format it with something other that USB loader gx?

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    That drive may not even be compatible, Did you check to make sure?

It's on the compatible list

The thing is it ask if I want to format first then when I click format it says 0.00 of 0.00gb as what's avaliable. i have no clue what's going wrong.
    Last edited by nterry05; 12-20-2009 at 01:33 PM.