Thread: updates

Us updates

I have Softmoded my Wii and everything is working just fine! I'm able to play from my USB drive and all. My question is if I get a new game and play it will it do an update to ruin my work thus far? Will Priiloader stop this, I have it installed but did not activate any of the hacks so far.

Thanks for this site, this has been fun learning and doing. Wish I had hackmii as boot 2 but my wii does not support that.

Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    USBloaders will block updates. Since preloader is installed go ahead and enable the block disc updates. Latest update on a disc is 3.1 right now, but before to long 4.2 will start showing up on discs.

Priiloader hacks not present

I am running priiloader v0.2 (r30) on IOS70 System menu v481; I don't know if it's implied, but I am on system menu version 4.2u.

When I first hacked following messie's guide back in October, I opted out of the preloader and the IOS70 install. This morning I tried to play Band Hero for the first time and ran into a "SYSTEM UPDATE", so I went back and installed IOS70 and priiloader.

Everything appears to be fine, but when I go into the priiloader "System Menu Hacks" to bypass any of the system updates and region hacks, it states:

"Couldn't find any hacks for Sytem Menu version:v481"

I downloaded from the first pack provided by messie and followed the instructions. Any ideas what I did wrong or need to do to get the system update bypass working?

Thank you much in advance.

::::EDIT:::: I messed up and didn't do my it lazy, I know, but I found the link for the hack.ini. Sorry for the wasted space and anyone's time who stopped and read this.
    Last edited by letmesee; 12-20-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: too anxious and ignorant

Sunny Wales, UK
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Go here Preloader/hacks - WiiBrew
    Copy and paste the text from your region.
    Create a new text file.
    Paste the text.
    Save as hacks.ini
    Copy the file to root of SD
    Try again.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.