How to submit a device into the Compatability List
Step 1 - Format the Hard Drive to FAT32 or NTFS and Install A few Games
- FAT32 Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing
- NTFS Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing
Step 2 - Configure the Hard Drive to Play
Plug the device into the console before booting it and ensure the necessary modes are enabled/disabled. Few drives may need 'disc mode' enabled. Also note some drives are configured to have a power save mode. This causes the drive to spin down due to inactivity. Its highly recommended to disable this if you plan on using this for your wii. The drive may spin down in game and the game will cut off.
Step 3 - Test The Game
If the drive loads a game. Make sure to play a game for at least an hour so we have more accurate results. Report back here with results. Make sure you configured your drive properly before doing this step.
Step 4 - Reporting Results
Make sure you followed the previous steps properly before doing this. Your post should be short yet informative. When posting make sure to include the Drive's Brand, Drive's Model and Size. Also make sure to say if the drive worked (loaded game and played whole hour) or did not work or if you had to a trick to get it working what did you do. (E.g plug in drive after powering on wii or used IOS222 instead of IOS249 )
Again make sure to use a game that works fine and does not have problems!
Step 5 - Troubleshooting/Doublechecking
If the drive did not work try to do the following steps before making a final post.
1. Try using a different usb port
2. Try plugging in your hard drive after powering on your wii instead but before loading the channel or homebrew channel
3. Make sure you have the partition set to active and primary
4. Try using a different IOS (e.g IOS222, IOS223 or IOS249)
5. Make sure to use a non-problematic game!