Black Wii - D3-2 drive - 4.2e
I'm not exactly new to the scene but wanted to clarify just 3 questions (to start with).
1. If I softmod my Wii, I understand that because it has a D3-2 drive, it will not be able to play backup DVD-R's, but can you clarify that it will play backued up ISO's via a USB Loader? Which is the best/recommended USB Loader (or system menu patch to load ISO's?)
2. Is there such a loader that will allow me to play ISO's loaded over the network? I saw WAD Loader 1.5 with LAN Support, but it looked like it loads WAD's into the Wii's memory, and my guess is that a 5gb ISO couldnt be loaded into memory! So I think a "on-the-fly" type solution may be required if it exists?
3. Once the Wii has been softmodded, can it play multi regional movie DVD's (not games)?
This should help you!
Originally Posted by wizzkidd
sorry, 1. Yes 2.Not sure 3.I believe thru the Usb loader.
Hope this helped!
Last edited by Jax; 12-19-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Reason: Fixed Info.
Thanks for your quick post. I've already seen and read that guide. I already know how to do the softmod and i appriciate such an exhaustive guide. But my 3 questions were for clarification, I wasn't alctually asking how to do it. So I put out the questions for an answer again.
1. usb loader gx works great for all the games that i have done.
2. I have not found anything that will do over the network because your wii drive is a different partition format ...hence windows and xp do not reconize it and you have to use there program.
3. i have not tested multi region dvds so i do not know off hand.
So it seems its definate that a USB Loader will play ISO's. Great.
The answer for number 2 so far sounds like its not possible to load ISO's over the network. How about if I have a virtual machine thats formated and setup with a linux EXT2/EXT3 or some other filesystem (WBFS+?)
And the answer for number 3 is unconvincing at the moment, 1 person says they've never tried, and another says to use the USB Loader... hummm!?