Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on section 3 of dogeggs guide :(

Stuck on section 3 of dogeggs guide :(

i have a wii with 3.4e and have got homebrew channel on and have backed up nand, i then procceeded to section three.. i ran trucha bug as directed and installed but i may have got an error, i ran trucha again and didnt do the patches bit..(just read it wrong doh!) then i ran cois38 f14 installer an selected the install and proceeded to sect.4 where i got stuck, because i messed up section 3 i think..(i have no iso249)
    so in short can i just run the the section 3 again from the start!!
    thanks for any help!

jason

yes you should be able to just run section 3 again. You do know that cIOS38rev14 installs itself to the 249 slot right?

thanks . re ran it all now i`m as far as downloading the 4.1e update...but its been on "downloading content #126..." for ages

Last edited by jayjames; 12-19-2009 at 02:11 AM.

some parts take quite a bit of time to DL just be patient.

Thanks...all done . phew!

update to 4.1 sucessful?

I am just finished at step 4- update your system menu version. It took quite a while (almost 2 hours), so I left the Wii to do it’s thing, checking every now and again, after it said that the IOS37, 50, 53, 55 and shopping channel were downloading (at the last time I looked) when I came back the Wii had restarted to the system menu.

I am just concerned about if it has updated or not- I went into the Wii settings and it still says version 3.4E….. Did the update work…. Should I proceed or redo the update?

Any help appreciated!
    Cheers
    KateyLou

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    It should have taken you to 4.1. I would try to do it over. Is there a problem with your internet connection, as i know the process takes some time but not anywhere near 2 hours.

Yeah, I am on "go-slow" until Xmas eve as I exceeded my 20Gb limit of downloads....... I was told update usually takes 20mins so was a little worried that this might be the case. Perhaps I wait until after my speed is restored and try again?
    But I am right in assuming that after the update and a restart, my Wii System Information would read that I am on version 4.1...?
    And not to proceed until it does so?

Cheers
    KateyLou

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Yes it should be 4.1. It is probably timing out somewhere and at that speed it is far too boring to watch lol. I hate those ISP's that have capped their internet, maybe got to a friends house and finish or try to pick up a neighbors signal for a bit.

Thank You OddGriffin, I will def try elsewhere or wait for a decent speed, I am grateful for your reply (and that I had the good sense to hear back and not proceed before confirmation)

Cheers
    KL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast