Thread: how can I safely upgrade from 3.1U

Us how can I safely upgrade from 3.1U

The wii which I acquired had system 2.2u. By launching the original MarioKart, the system was upgraded to 3.1u...by which, then the HBC channel was able to be installed.

I would like to install pre/priiloader which I currently don't have because of its minimum requirement of system 3.2u. The goal is so I can prevent accidental updates to the system - for example, when a PAL game might try to update the system etc. etc.

Question: Since I'm on 3.1u at present, what system level can I go to that is the most recommended and most compatible, and how can I get there - safely and not lose my existing softmod?

I do fully understand that I should NOT upgrade to 4.2u - otherwise the softmod will stop functioning.

Given that, what are my options ?

Are there other games, similar to MarioKart, that will safely update the system and still remain at the acceptable level of system 4.1u and below.

thank you

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    use dogeggs tut in my sig to softmod.... and update to 4.1

enjoy

best firmware isnt available for answering...,. heres the 3.2 thread... install ios30 first then systemenu289 all through wad manager....

Apologies - looks like another person posted a very similar question and I read the replies there as well.

Thank you - since the wii is already softmodded - I'll take a closer look at moving to 4.1U

PS. This site is AWESOME. I'm amazed at the quick replies.