Thread: wii64 and the classic controller

wii64 and the classic controller

Hi All.

Have installed wii64 beta1 and am trying to use the classic controller pro to play roms.

When I use the remote+nunchuck all controls work fine. When using th classic controller the analog stick and the d-pad do not work making in game movement impossible.

Is anyone using the classic controller with wii64? Does anyone have issues with this combo?

I am using wii64 beta1 on 4.2e firmware and have homebrew channel 1.06

Cheers.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    it should have a way to setup the controllers in it's options menu. something like button mapping. keep in mind this emulator doesn't work very well yet. alot of bugs to work out.

I've tried manually selecting "wii controller" in the menu but the analog and d-pad still don't work. The a,b,x,y buttons etc do though.

It says on the wiki that full classic controller support is available for this release. Does it make a difference if I am using the classic controler pro?

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    don't know, but i been modding wiis for a while now and tried alot of apps. this one doesn't work for me very well at all.

Is that emulator even worth trying? As far as I know, the FPS is still slow correct?
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    yea i don't think it works very well. i got 1 out of 5 games to work half way decent.

Yea currently I have 4 emulators (atari2600, sega genesis, snes, and nes) along with all their roms. I am running out of stuff to do to my wii and was thinking of installing another emulator but I dont know which ones are good ones.
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    Is that emulator even worth trying? As far as I know, the FPS is still slow correct?
    Frames Per Second - 65.4 on Beta 1
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

It's worth installing. I have had decent games of Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) and Carmageddon 64 with the remote+nunchuck combo. Frame rate and graphics were fine. It's just for me the classic controller doesn't seem to work properly.

Well I dont like neither one of those games. And in my opinion if theres not atleast 20 games that work down right good, then its not worth it to try.