Thread: Black Screen from 4.2u downgrader and 4.1 upgrade

Black Screen from 4.2u downgrader and 4.1 upgrade

I am new to this and I know I did a stupid thing. I had my wii (US Version) from day one it came out and got it mod with I believe wiikey pretty much shortly after. I had no problem playing any games until I stupidly updated to 4.2u because of Super Mario Wii. Since then my backup load as long as it was US games but no import backup. I then learned it is a 4.2u problem and I first follow the instruction from to get cios on 4.2 wii, after I followed the instruction from some youtube tutorial which I didn't link correctly I follow every step and got it downgraded to 3.2u but I am very stupid not to have read the warning not to upgrade to 4.1. I am now stuck with a brick wii with black screen. I have installed bootmii but only as ios but not boot2 (again I know I am stupid to do it) Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do other than keeping the dead wii as a reminder that I should have read ahead more. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Tealc; 12-17-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Sunny Wales, UK
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Your username is so correct.

No basically what you have done is stub IOS60 updated your Wii. There's no cure beyond bootmii/boot2.

You'll need to send it back to Nintendo and they'll hopefully charge you around 75USD and probably send you a refurbished unit. Remove your Wiikey and keep your fingers crossed.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Blog Entries
    How about injection bootmii into the nand? That would restore this one too.
    From bootmii you can recover easily from a brick ...