Thread: Error - 1 with Wad manager 1.5 on 4.1U - I have tried everything.

Question Error - 1 with Wad manager 1.5 on 4.1U - I have tried everything.

The subject says it all. I have looked and looked and found nothing for this - I'll lay it all out:

- 4.1U wii
    - 2 GB SD card (FAT format)
    - Wad Manager 1.5
    - Wad path - SD:/wad/WADFILE.wad
    - Have tried installing under IOS249, 35, 36, 250, 254, etc.
    - Have tried starting up Wii with SD card in it

I can't get it to install WiiWare or VC titles, or any other wads I have (FCEUltra, GC Back up launcher, etc). They all give me the -1 error, and it's pretty much immediate. I have used all these wads before, with the same SD card, on another Wii (running 3.4U, and eventually on 4.0U).

The weird thing: The wads on Dogeggs tutorial did install. That was the one time any wads installed (and they still do install if I try to reinstall) and no others will work.

Everywhere is saying the SD card isn't formatted correctly, that the wads are bad, there isn't enough space on the Wii, etc - these are all possibilities I've counted out, and I know this aren't the case.
    I tried this - How To Fix Wad Manager - nothing (and yes, I reinstalled the newest IOS249 afterwards).
    I saw this - error index - which says that this specific error could mean "Most likely have a cIOS installed incorrectly, out of date, or missing." If this was the problem, then why did it install those two files but refuses anything else? And also - is there a way to check for IOS's that you're missing? I honestly don't think this is my problem - I went through the entire softmod guide twice to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Last edited by ataxiariot; 12-17-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added in one of the methods I tried but didn't work.

You need cIOS249rev9 or higher. (use cIOS38rev14 it is the newest)
    or
    You have a bad sd card.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Don't forget the thanks button...

Quote Originally Posted by wiidoggii View Post
    You need cIOS249rev9 or higher. (use cIOS38rev14 it is the newest)
    or
    You have a bad sd card.
    Thanks for the reply, I do have CIOS249rev14, and it's actually not a bad SD card - like I said, I use this SD card on another Wii continually. Something I forgot to mention was that I have been going between two SD cards to rule out that possibility (and also, everything else on the SD card had worked, including all the .dol files and, like I mentioned, at least 4 of the .wad files)

But I figured out my own problem (and am baffled by the solution): I have had a group of wad files for a while now, and I have installed them on three different Wiis, no problem, until yesterday, where I couldn't get them to install.
    After successfully installing a few IOS wads, I had thought that it was only successfully installing IOS' - but that was not true.
    The deal was that only new wads would install. I tried to install the Mega Man 9 wad after downloading a new one - just for the hell of it - and it worked. But my original MM9 wad did not.
    I went back and tried another one of my own wads - it would not install.
    I tried another new one - and it worked.
    At first I thought maybe my original wads didn't copy to the SD card correctly so I deleted them, and transferred them again - they still didn't work.
    I renamed them all and tried again - they still didn't work.
    And as of right now, I have found 7 of the wads and re-downloaded them and they have all worked - and keep in mind, this isn't just Virtual Console and Wii Ware titles, this is emulator channels, the neo gamma loader, etc.

It's like the Wii read the original files I had on the SD card when I first tried to install them and blocked them all, and then maybe I installed something neccessary, but those specific wads were still blocked, and now I can only install newer wads.

Anyway - to people coming across the error - 1. This is a solution to try. I have literally searched for more than 10 hours on this subject, read at least 30 different "error 1" reports on different forums, and have never seen this solution.

Odd, ret -1 error usually means a compatibility issue.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Don't forget the thanks button...