Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Modding a Gamecube? GTA ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member Moogly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oshawa/Canada
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Modding a Gamecube? GTA ?

    Anyone here have thier Game cube modded?

    Anyone know where to get it done in the GTA (Canada)

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member Myv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    g_vir@hotmail.com does GC mods i believe, MSN him

  3. #3
    Junior Member Moogly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oshawa/Canada
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myv View Post
    g_vir@hotmail.com does GC mods i believe, MSN him


    Thanks I sent an email. I don't do MSN.

  4. #4
    Member Nave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada, Oshawa
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    Thanks I sent an email. I don't do MSN.
    good choice lol,

    What would modding a GC get you anyways?
    Rrrrrol up the Rrrrrrim Stats:

    "Please play again" = 25
    Free Coffee/Donut = 4

  5. #5
    Junior Member MiiSoHorNii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, what mod can you do to the gc?

    I thought there was a way to load ROMS onto it with the Phantasy Star adapter but that's it...

  6. #6
    Junior Member Moogly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oshawa/Canada
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I know you can play back ups & Imports same as PS2 etc but you have to find and buy those minidiscs.

  7. #7
    Junior Member MiiSoHorNii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    As far as I know you can play back ups & Imports same as PS2 etc but you have to find and buy those minidiscs.
    I dunno - I thought that camecube actually reads the information in reverse (laser travels oposite of a DVD), plus where are you gonna get a burner or software to burn those ittle guys. Never seen the media around either...

  8. #8
    Junior Member Moogly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oshawa/Canada
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They actually make case mods to fit regular DVD's http://www.xbox-modchips.com/viper-gc-case.htm

    If your copying the Disk how the info is read makes no difference as long as the disk is an exact copy. Windows can not read Xbox format disks but I can burn them easily and they all play fine.

    As for the Disks I am Canadian and can find them all over at places like Staples, Future shop etc. I am not sure of the cost but you can buy both the CD minis as well as DVD minis.

    I don't know much about Gamecube mods though so who ever I get to install it (If i do) will hopefully know more I hope.

  9. #9
    Junior Member MiiSoHorNii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    They actually make case mods to fit regular DVD's http://www.xbox-modchips.com/viper-gc-case.htm

    If your copying the Disk how the info is read makes no difference as long as the disk is an exact copy. Windows can not read Xbox format disks but I can burn them easily and they all play fine.

    As for the Disks I am Canadian and can find them all over at places like Staples, Future shop etc. I am not sure of the cost but you can buy both the CD minis as well as DVD minis.

    I don't know much about Gamecube mods though so who ever I get to install it (If i do) will hopefully know more I hope.
    That's cool - lemme know how it worls out for you!

  10. #10
    New Member jitterbugjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    Thanks I sent an email. I don't do MSN.
    Msn is too addicting I had to stop using it myself just so I could get my sanity back lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •