Thread: Loading GC games from USB or SD card?

Thanks

Loading GC games from USB or SD card?

I've dumped Four Swords Adventures with Superdump, and can edit it with EFS Advent. However I can't test these changes practically, because I'd need a new DVD-R for each modification. Dolphin isn't really an option either, it's way too slow . So can I run Gamecube ISOs off a USB key or SD card? Is there such a program under development at least?

Thanks
    Hello everyone,

I would like to know the same answer, to the question above. I successfully softmode my Wii a few weeks ago and have all my Wii Backups store on my hard drive...connected to a Wii USB Port.

I now would like to load my Gamecube ISO's from a hard drive through my Wii USB...like my Wii ISO's. I searched on this site and Youtube for an answer to this question but I couldn't find an answer. If you know it's possible to do this process, please let me know and direct me to the tutorial. The tutorial I found was regarding playing Gamecube ISO's from a DVD. My Wii Disc Drive is damage and that method will not work for me. {So, this softmode works PERFECT for me

I used the "3.1-4.1 Softmod" procedures to softmode my Wii....if this is important.

Thank in advance
    Last edited by QUICKRYDE; 12-12-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 418 Posts
    The only way you can play GC isos off a HDD is if you buy the WODE otherwise your going to have to burn them to DVD-R.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Favs View Post
    The only way you can play GC isos off a HDD is if you buy the WODE otherwise your going to have to burn them to DVD-R.
    Thanks, I just wanted to confirm because I didn't see anything on Google regarding this topic and the DVD-R will not work for me. My drive does not read games any longer and now I'm happy to have the softmode.

Oh well, I'll wait until someone create a method for the USB/HD....I bet someone is working on this SOMEWHERE.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 418 Posts
    Might be awhile as the GC never supported USB and if your wondering the WODE emulates the DVD drive hence why it can load from USB.

Thanks
    That sucks. Thanks anyway.