Original retail copy of wii sports resort asks for wii update. Any way around this?
I have a 4.0U with cios38rev14, also hermes cios222/223. USB Loader GX r844, and wiiflow1.1.
I bought a hard drive to be used with usb loader GX, and most of the games worked properly, except a few ( wii sports resort included ). I know that problems arise when trying to load dual layer games via a usb hd, but also wii sports resort is not an easy one. The thing is that since I needed 2 motion plus accesories in order to play the wii sports resort game I decided to buy an original, new bundle one for $50 on craigslist ( nice deal huh? ). I have family that like to play wii sports every once in a while, and I thought they would also like to play the wii sports resort game. I can launch my games through usb loader GX or wiiflow, but since they dont know ANYTHING about videogaming and modding, they only know how to put the disc inside the wii and choose the disc channel to launch it. Thats why I bought the original, in case they wanted to use that game also instead of only playing the regular wii sports. The problem is that when I tried to launch the game through the disc channel, the system prompts me to update my wii. I dont want to do that because I know all my homebrew, modded stuff, etc ... will get deleted/corrupted. If I leave the game like that, and one of my family members decide to play it, they WILL update it and mess up the whole wii.
So now lets talk about my options here. I guess there are many ways:
1. Loading it from USB Loader GX/Wiiflow
- How do I manage it to work? Not a good option since the whole point of buying an original disc was to use it through the disc channel in the first place.
2. Loading it from Neogamma r7/8 ?
- I read you may do that, but I dont want my loading times to be slowed down because I will be using a dvd copy. Or maybe Neogamma r7/8 will just serve as a startup loader and the game will be 100% IDENTICAL as if I didnt had to use it?
3. SAFE-UPDATING my Wii
- That way the update system warning will cease, and I wont have further problems. The thing is that I already have a lot of homebrew programs in my wii, as well as saved progress in many games that I dont want to delete.
4. Another way more easier and better option that I dont know of.
Please send some feedback. Thanks in advance!
is there anyway you can simplify the problem, it takes longer to read through all that than to find a solution. i'm thinking the game is prompting you to update. is this correct?
Lol yes! =/
Originally Posted by oddgriffin
I just found out that I need this program startpatcher and in that way it will prevent any discs to prompt for an update. Is this correct?
Since i have a 4.0 U system, I need to download the startpatch 4.0 NTSC U version right?
i have heard starpatcher works. i use preloader for this problem
Yeah I could have used that one too. Anyways, startpatch fixed the issue. Now I dont have to worry about my nieces and nephews bricking my wii by bringing their own discs and playing in my system.
Originally Posted by oddgriffin
i have the same problem. how do you use preloader to stop updates from discs?
uh once u have it go to, system menu hacks and enable the no disck updates.
Originally Posted by aznandyboi