Thread: unable to find hacks

unable to find hacks

Hi all, just wanted to say, i was having troublr with the "unable to find hacks.ini in fat or nand" fault. it didnt seem to be causing me any trouble but i wanted to solve it anyway. i tried d/loading diferent config files and putting them in the sd root and i tried formatting sd card again to fat 32 but it didnt help. i checked my preloader settings and noticed that autoboot to sytem menu was disabled, when i enabled it the prob went away ! i hope this helps someone out.

also while im here can i ask if it cause any problems updating channels when asked e.g the nintendo channel, also shopping channel just gives me black screen ? any ideas ?

thank you.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    i believe at least some of the channels have updated versions here, that can be installed via wad manager. not sure where though but do a little search.

Banned
    your hacks.ini is most likely not the correct one for your system menu. Try going here: Preloader/hacks - WiiBrew and find the correct one for your system menu, then just copy and past it over to the hacks.ini you already have [make sure to delete whats already in the hacks.ini first].

As far as your channel problem, use NUSD to donwload the newer versions of the channel, and then install them using wad manager. Here is the link for NUSD: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUSD [at least I think you can get those updated channels from this]
    Last edited by s0ur; 12-10-2009 at 04:15 PM.

I had the same problem and it was because my Wii was version 3.4... 3.3 and 3.4 doesn't have any hacks working with them if I remember well.

Banned
    Preloader/Priiloader ONLY works on 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2

Hi All thanks for replys.
    I did download other hacks and put them on sd root, the hack file that comes with dogeggs tut is 490 and i tried 450 (read txt in file) none of it made a difference till i adjusted preloader settings. as for the channels is it ok to upgrade direct from the wii when prompted ? or do i have to use wad manager ? im not really to bothered about them but it would be nice to get them working. thanks guys