Thread: Getting Ready for USB loader, Questions.

Thanks

Getting Ready for USB loader, Questions.

I'm new here so please be patient.

I have a soft modded 4.2u with HBC and DVDX installed. I have not yet installed bootmii, I only have the ios option for that. My intention is to run USB Loader GX (or similar?) with a USB HDD and rip my games directly from the wii to the HDD.

I have not purchased the HDD yet, but I have a card reader with a Kingston SDHC 16gb card in it. According to the compatibility list on this site, the reader should work, I don't know if the card makes any difference. I plan on using this to test the setup before I purchase an HDD.

I will install bootmii as an ios. One question about that, messie's 4.2 guide says to use the prepare the sd card option. Do I have to use this card as prepped forever or is it only necessary for the install?

Should I install preloader next so if I have problems I can boot the wii directly to HBC? Will this work with bootmiiios vs. bootmiiboot2?

I will follow messie's guide on this site and hopefully get USB Loader GX running.

Hopefully no brick as my whole family uses the wii almost every day! If that happens I will have to buy a new one!

One last question, if I were to purchase a used wii strictly for modding, which menu version should I look for that is easiest and most versitile for modding?

Thanks!

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    you need to follow the guide exactly step by step. then if you have a problem ask.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    you need to follow the guide exactly step by step. then if you have a problem ask.

I plan to.. just trying to prevent problems before I start. Thanks.