Thread: Correctly installing IOS33

Correctly installing IOS33

How would I do this exactly? I already have cios 249v14 or w/e installed, can run backups just fine, can install .WADs just fine, I'm just a little confused on how to install a brand new IOS. And where would I find this IOS33 at?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    You could just use DOP-IOS, it requires an internet connection though. Just run it through homebrew channel and select IOS33.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    You could just use DOP-IOS, it requires an internet connection though. Just run it through homebrew channel and select IOS33.
    Thanks ShadowSonic, you rock my socks! ONCE AGAIN! A SUPER fast and accurate answer...WiiHacks is most def the best site around, no brown nosing either....I swear

Another question for y'all...when installing the new IOS, which IOS do I pick first? 249?

249 is default and works perfectly.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Hmmmm...seems that I have a problem. I used the DOP-IOS app and chose 249 as my IOS to use and I tried to install 33 but then my Wii froze up and the screen got disorainted, I had to hard reset. Not sure what's wrong.

ALSO!

After this, I noticed that a lot of my backup DVDs aren't loading correctly...I'm getting a lot of disc read errors now after I did the DOP-IOS fail install...is this a sympton of a bad install or is it just a consequence?

Install IOS33 manually using Wad manager then, you can get IOS33 using NUSD http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...ownloader.html.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Install IOS33 manually using Wad manager then, you can get IOS33 using NUSD http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...ownloader.html.
    Thanks my friend, will do. Do you think the disc read errors are caused by the failed install? It's not that big of a priority, I'll be buying an external HD this weekend, I'm just curious.