Thread: I am new to group, have a MAC, and having problems!

Ca I am new to group, have a MAC, and having problems!

I have just gotten my Wii mod complete and was shown that burnt games actually work in it. When I DL'd some games (USA) and burned the iso's the Wii always says that it is unable to read disc. What I've done:

1. Tried three kinds of media. SONY DVD+Rs, Verbatum DVD-Rs, and Fuji DVD+Rs.
    2. Tried burning on 1X, 2X, 4X etc. according to disc specs and machine.
    3. I have a MAC and have tried Disc Utility, WiiJunkies, Liquid CD, etc.

I have an early 2006 17" intel MAC with a matshita UJ-846 and am wondering if there would be a problem with the burner compatibility with the Wii iso's.

Arrow

I'm Mac stupid......but my buddy uses disc utilities to burn his wii iso's

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

Update on burning situation!

I finally got a game to work but it was by accident. I put in a game I burned awhile ago and moved the Wii a bit and the load screen came up. I then noticed that by turning the Wii upside-down it would play the game most times. Has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by krauscouf View Post
    I finally got a game to work but it was by accident. I put in a game I burned awhile ago and moved the Wii a bit and the load screen came up. I then noticed that by turning the Wii upside-down it would play the game most times. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Sounds like a bad connection between your modchip and wii.

thanks 4 that .helped me alot

I've been using Disk Utility on my MacBookPro with TDK DVD-Rs from Costco and they work great. 1x burn works fine. I tried an 8x and it didn't work so I'm sticking to 1x.

Thumbs up

I use Disk utility or Toast to burn the ISO's (depends on my mood but I have also found that TDK +R media burned at 8x work fine (sometimes a little slow in loading probably due to the +R disc).

Also When I got my wii it was pre-modded with a wiiKey and came with several Backed up games.
    I Use Disk Utility to make "CD/DVD Master" images of the backups, then rename them to .iso. Sizing is exact as per the originals I have dumped.

Currently messing with compressed DMG's to see if I can bring the size down, while still having a viable image.

Just My 2 Cents

Loophole

I've got games!

I have finally got games to start working. It seems the first three games I downloaded just don't work on NTSC even after I used Wiijunkies. Actually any games that I tried to use Wiijunkies on doesn't work so I just get USA games and they all work. Just wondering if anyone got the modified Guitar Heros to work?

WiiJunkies will not fix the scan rate ie ntsc or pal it only patches the region so you can play the game on a machine other than the region it was made for.

there are quite a few posts about ntsc games on Pal Machines and vice versa.
    Cant remember off hand where you set it but there are posts here about it.
    do a search.

Also you are probably best off staying with the region your wii is when getting games to reduce the risk of bricking it etc.

I have also posted some mac specific stuff on cloning and dumping here

hope this helps

Loophole