Thread: 360 Heat Issue

Thanks

360 Heat Issue

I know the Xbox360's have had some major heat issues, has it been confirmed this is fixed now?

I have had mine for about a week.... and i can say that the Xbox/Power supply does not get hot.... after about 3hrs the 'powerbrick' is just pretty warm... so is that issue fixed? I have seen a few people mention they are still getting systems that get hot....

This was the holiday bundle..

Thanks
    Might want to get the Intercooler made by Nyko

http://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703791p1.html

Thanks
    I was playing my friends unit and you could feel massive heat coming from the exhaust in the back. I didn't check ou the power brick though. So far he hasn't had any problems with his.

Thanks
    With most the power brick never had any over heating issues. The main problem was the internal fans not cooling the gpu and the gpu not having enough thermal paste on it. Ended up frying it.

My replacement console runs cooler than my original. Especially the discs. The discs used to come out of the drive hot to the touch. As far as I know, they've addressed the problems and there are far fewer overheating issues.

I don't think the Intercooler is very useful. One reason is that it could void your warranty and another is some people have experienced power dropoffs. It doesn't have it's own power supply so it runs off your 360 and some people have had problems with it when using for long durations or during graphically intensive times in a game.

Thanks
    I got the 360 when it was released and I've never had any overheating problems

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myv View Post
    Might want to get the Intercooler made by Nyko

http://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703791p1.html
    i picked up the nyko intercooler but took it off after i heard it could damage the 360 by drawing power away from the system and thus melting some parts. there were a few pictures of damage floating around but with 1/12 of 360 owners having it and nyko promising to replace any broken parts, there isnt much to worry about.
    http://www.winzy.com/tivo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tivo View Post
    i picked up the nyko intercooler but took it off after i heard it could damage the 360 by drawing power away from the system and thus melting some parts. there were a few pictures of damage floating around but with 1/12 of 360 owners having it and nyko promising to replace any broken parts, there isnt much to worry about.
    oh really well don't buy that then haha, I was actually playing my xbox360 for the first time today man GoW so good, it is quite loud in game play but the sound from GoW just drowns it out.. but so far its not overly crazily hot at the back of the xbox360 prolly don't need the nyko at all