Thread: Wasabi issue

Wasabi issue

I had my friend's Wii modified a few weeks ago and he finally plugged it in yesterday for the first time. The Wii boots up, but it doesn't accept ('suck in') a disc. The light blinks initially, but turns off. Its almost like the cd rom is dead...solutions?

soldering problem most likely...recheck wire connections

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

Thanks for the reply. I was not the person that modded this console, so I will have to send it out again to have it checked. I would love to be able to fix this in my house, but I don't have the soldering ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ctkubik View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was not the person that modded this console, so I will have to send it out again to have it checked. I would love to be able to fix this in my house, but I don't have the soldering ability.
    could use wii clip version 5 or wii pin clip for your wasabi...don't need much soldering skill.

I believe those were coming out when I had my Wii modified. The person that modded this Wii is going to fix it, but in the future I may chose to do it myself.

Thanks!!!

Reading Room
    Quote Originally Posted by ctkubik View Post
    I had my friend's Wii modified a few weeks ago and he finally plugged it in yesterday for the first time. The Wii boots up, but it doesn't accept ('suck in') a disc. The light blinks initially, but turns off. Its almost like the cd rom is dead...solutions?
    what is the led color on the wasabi when u turn power on? it should be red and then switch to green after a second......thats when you hear the drive cycle.