Where to check for any updates i need?
Thank you all for all the help you have given me so far. This question is to prevent me having problems at a later date.
Is there a section on this website which i can regually check to see what needs updating etc to stay current and as safe as possible. Like new WAD files etc.
I currently have 4.1e PAL
Cios38 rev 14
Homebrew Channel 1.0.3 asking when i go onto it do i want to update to 1.0.6
Should I stay with 1.0.3 or update? What advantages/disadvantages are their to updating the homebrew channel.
Thank you all again for your time and knoweldge
- Freeze fix
- Some other minor hiccups
- Added support for System Menu 4.2
- Faster startup.
- Prefer boot.elf over boot.dol when launching apps.
- New shiny fonts, tweaked to the last subpixel.
- Widescreen support :
- If your Wii is set to 16:9 in the system menu options, HBC won’t stretch the picture like it did on older versions. Unfortunately the fonts might look a little weird then, it really depends on the used display unit. Blame the lack of true widescreen support on the Wii for that.)
- Grid view :
- Hit 2/Y while browsing applications to switch between the old and the new view. This shows 4 columns on 16:9 setups, 4:3 users only get 3.
- Device hot-plugging :
- You can remove and insert devices (front SD slot, USB mass storage, and SDGecko in both slots) at all times now without reloading HBC. To change to another device, hit 1/X to bring up a simple option dialog.
- Application sort order :
- You can now choose how to sort the shown entries. Current options: either by the name or by the release date. Note that for the latter sort order a valid release_date tag has to be present in the meta.xml file. Again, hit 1/X for the options dialog to set this.
- wiiload overhaul :
- On-the-fly compression: Uploaded files are automatically compressed on PC side: This makes it way faster, especially on bigger files. Improved USBGecko support: Faster uploads, and you don’t have to stop reading debug messages from the device while uploading files. libftdi support: Because ftdi-sio fails, especially on OSX. Note: Because of these improvements, older wiiload version and 3rd party upload clients are incompatible. Use the bundled v0.5, binaries and source code are included.
- Basic application management :
- To add apps: Just wiiload a ZIP archive, it will then get extracted to the active device. The ZIP file must be structured in a certain way, check this description for the details. To delete apps: There’s a new button on the application dialog.
- Fix the POWER button bug with BootMii IOS
- Turned HBC upside down for those who modified the contents of the HBC or installed it using a "wad manager"
- SDHC cards are working again
- SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
- HBC works on all system menu versions now (stock 3.3 post Oct 23 has issues1)
- Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
- Translation added for "Launch BootMii" button
Thank You for the in deapth reply. Couldn't of asked for a better reply. Thank you again for your time and knoweldge.