Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real gamecube games wont play

Thanks

Real gamecube games wont play

Heres the deal I have a 4.1 wii softmodded preloader installed cioscorp 3.3 with 3.4 extras for 001 fix. I have over a hundread backed up wii games and they all load perfect. Now when I Try to load any legit real store bought gamecube game it wont load any ideas. Do I need to install something eles.

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If your trying to load the GC games from the disc channel and you get audio but no video, thats a common problem when softmodding the wii. You can load GC games through neogamma but you have to install the mios patch and some other stuff to get those games to work. Youll also need to patch each game right when you load it. If you didnt want to run those through neogamma and dont want to patch each GC game to play them, you can still install a GC backup launcher and install the mios, but as long as you load the game through that backup launcher, you wont need to patch it. Just press A to load.
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Jasons34 For This Useful Post

Thanks

Real retail Gamcube games don't play anymore. Why?

Hey.
    I'm having the same problem. I understand what you said Jason34. But for me that is just a work-around. Not a real solution to the problem. I want to know Why my retail pressed Gamecube disks no longer work in my Wii??? I just played one of my Gamecube games a couple days ago. I also played a retail Wii game yesterday. I've also tried a retail pressed dvd. It doesn't work.

Here's a little run down of what I've installed. BootMii-IOS & backed up my Nand, HBC, Cios 38 r14 Ios249, Clicked in HackMii installer to install DVDX but I don't see it anywere on my system, Preloader, Neogamma R8 b7, Used Firmware Updater 4.1 to update from 3.3U to 4.1U, cIOS 222&223, Configurable USB Loader 50cfat, Of course I have Wad Manager 1.4 and TruckaBug Restorer v1.0. I installed and used Dop-IOS to install the cIOS (w/ hash check) so that I could install the latest Shop Channel manually. And then updated my HBC after all that. But only installed the HBC and DVDX. I did not reinstall BootMii. This is all sitting on and loaded off my 2gig SD card.

I have a total of 3 games right now that I play off my usb HD and 2 retail Gamecube game. A work-around is not acceptable to me when the games were readable and played a day or two ago. Anyone reading this that can offer knowledgeable help, please feel free to respond.

How ironic, I can't use software I bought in a store but could find any title I wanted and play it off a burnt disk or a usb drive. Lol.
    This frustration is making me want to go back to playing on my moded 360.
    Last edited by HitHardTactics; 12-23-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks

not playing originals

im having the same issue...playing copies fine bu tnot recogninsing originals on neogamma or on the original disk page

Thanks
    That's a problem? O_o I just tried out one gamecube game. I just assume it was the game being scratched or something. But yeah, my wii can't read original gamecube games either.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,065 Posts
    what about with a loader?

Thanks
    I haven't tried a Gamecube loader because one shouldn't be needed. We're talking about retail pressed disks. They should work correctly just like my retail Wii games do, straight from the Disc Channel.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be rude. All help is appreciated! This is just frustrating.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,584 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the only time i have seen this happen out of the 10 wiis i have done is when cioscorp was involved. i had a nand ready to go and because i was just testing things and didn't trust the uninstaller. once i reinstalled theo old nand from just prior to cioscorp, all was fine again.

Thanks
    Oddgriffin, you've got my attention. I followed this tutorial, from this website :
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

Please tell me if I unknowingly installed cioscorp while following that tutorial. I don't think that I did. But in any case, I have a backup of my nand.

This Wii mod scene doesn't offer a lot of information as to what's actually happening when all the various IOS/apps are installed. I learn very fast and wish I could find more technical information to help fill in the pieces to the puzzle. The puzzle of really understanding what all's taking place. Most all of the information I've found simply tell you what to do, what files to install. Not what's actually happening to the system its self, or its files.

I'm willing to apply a nand backup to restore my Gamecube playability but that poses many more questions. Does resorting a nand backup effect the rest of the softmod that I've done? Thank you for your help.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,584 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you had any issues playing regular retail disks for the wii? I did a nand backup just before installing cioscorp because i was testing it out and preparing for the worst. that wii had bootmi as boot2 so i knew it was a safe good time to try it out. I had been hearing alot of negative things about cioscorp and wanted to see for myself before judging. I can honestly say i have no use for it and will never use it nor recommend it. You may have another issue since you would probably remember installing something like that. do you have preloader? I heard of someone having trouble playing regular wii games because of a setting in preloader, so i am wondering if it is a simular situation to what is going on with you and gamecube games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast