Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is it SAFE to browse the net using Wii Opera?

  1. #1

    Question Is it SAFE to browse the net using Wii Opera?

    hi folks

    for those who regularly use Wii Opera to browse the net for sites like youtube or flickr etc... is it actually SAFE to use the wii to do net surfing???

    will you get VIRUS and all that?

    my wifi router is totally not encrupted... i just use the windows inbuilt firewall for my laptop to protect my laptop thats all... i am wondering if theres such protection for the wii during web surfing

    please experts contribute your two cents on this much appreciated
    Last edited by cj27282; 12-06-2009 at 04:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Member wiidoggii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dog House
    Posts
    1,051
    Yes it is safe. The Wii's software is Unix/Linux based.
    The Wii uses virtual memory that does not get writing to the system.

    Now I have a question for you;
    Why are you asking the same question in mutiple threads?
    Last edited by wiidoggii; 12-06-2009 at 04:46 AM.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.


    Don't forget the thanks button...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wiidoggii View Post
    Yes it is safe. The Wii's software is Unix/Linux based.
    The Wii uses virtual memory that does not get writing to the system.

    Now I have a question for you;
    Why are you asking the same question in mutiple threads?
    hi

    so that means i do not need to install extra firewall into wii or to the router or both??

    please reply

    many thanks!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,210
    do you have linux on any of your computers? why don't you try it out. there are alot of free distibutions out there so you can get a feel for what wiidog means. i use backtrack for hacking purposes lol.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    do you have linux on any of your computers? why don't you try it out. there are alot of free distibutions out there so you can get a feel for what wiidog means. i use backtrack for hacking purposes lol.
    hi

    i have no idea abt linux et al... i am a total noob in this... i only use windows vista which is very bad i know >.<

    so what does this linux have to do with the wii opera in 1 setence? >.<

    what is backtrack for hacking?? will it happen to wii opera?? >.<

    i am beginning to worry that this wii opera is not totally safe and is a bad idea what do u think? >.<

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,210
    if you want to test the theory, google linux live distro, and pick one.download it for free and it will be an iso you can burn. put it in your pc and set the pc to boot from disk. the pc will load and run the OS from the disk as it is a live cd. and when you are done, reboot and eject the disk, boot to windows and it is exactly the same as you left it. the linux was on a live disk and therefore won't allow for data to be written to it. when ejected all is as it was. this is kinda like your wii opera browsing experience.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    if you want to test the theory, google linux live distro, and pick one.download it for free and it will be an iso you can burn. put it in your pc and set the pc to boot from disk. the pc will load and run the OS from the disk as it is a live cd. and when you are done, reboot and eject the disk, boot to windows and it is exactly the same as you left it. the linux was on a live disk and therefore won't allow for data to be written to it. when ejected all is as it was. this is kinda like your wii opera browsing experience.
    wow u r truely awesome with your reply... i actually CAN UNDERSTAND what you said abt the linux technology under a paragraph, i am like .... did not expect this kind of explanation from forum ^^

    please keep up your technological awesomeness ^^

  8. #8
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    nothing is safe, the fbi is watching you!

  9. #9
    We are watching you.

  10. #10
    New Member HEROXOOT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    475
    ITT: Stalker mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •