Thread: bump wii bricked

Angry bump wii bricked

sorry for the bump but a friend of mine updated my wii to 4.2 which erased 249 and all my softmods, no biggy i used bannerbomb and got homebrew channel on there. Then hermes cios installer and got uloader working, great i can play my backups again. Then when i installed preloader via wad channel 1.4 my wii bricked. I turn it on and all it does is black screen I tried holding reset and what not to load preloader but it won't load. So i am not quite sure what to do to fix this issue or should i just buy a new wii? i would be very grateful if you can think of a way to fix this issue without me having to buy a new wii cause it is kind of spendy.Thank you for your time

**Moved to Brick Issue**

Do you have bootmii/boot2 installed? If not sure check for double quick flash when you start you Wii.

Asides from that you can try savemiifrii.
    Plug a gamecube controller in Port4
    Hold down Up, Down, Left, Right on the D-Pad (may have to remove pin under D pad)
    Power on the Wii.
    You should get a text display bottom right 4.2(xxx) where xxx is your region.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

no no quick flash =[ but i tried the GC controller trick and i removed the pin nothing happened just stays black

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by boxinashoe View Post
    sorry for the bump but a friend of mine updated my wii to 4.2 which erased 249 and all my softmods, no biggy i used bannerbomb and got homebrew channel on there. Then hermes cios installer and got uloader working, great i can play my backups again. Then when i installed preloader via wad channel 1.4 my wii bricked. I turn it on and all it does is black screen I tried holding reset and what not to load preloader but it won't load. So i am not quite sure what to do to fix this issue or should i just buy a new wii? i would be very grateful if you can think of a way to fix this issue without me having to buy a new wii cause it is kind of spendy.Thank you for your time

It sounds like it is a full brick. But please tell me how you installed preloader? With wadmanager? I don't really understand. Can you clarify please.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

sent back

i used wad manager 1.4 to install preloader .29. I guess i was suppose to install .30 or priiloader .01 now, but i was suppose to use dop ios mod to patch ios and fix the trucha bug first. Hence why it wasn't working but i sent my wii back to nintendo they charged me ($75.00)"because there were illicit hacks on the system." No idea lol, I paid it got over i will be getting my wii back the day after tommorow, so i will start again i have been modding wiis for many people now never had a problem until this but its the first wii 4.2 i have dealt with. I know after I get my wii back i will be writing down everything i do to my wii step by step and posting a guide to help other people with 4.2 wii problems cause this confused me greatly.

Sounds similar to what happened with my Wii. It seems that hacking a new Wii with 4.2 isnt safe at all as theres no bootmii/boot2 and preloader can cause a brick!

serves u right i suppose 4 tryin ilegal hacks on nintendo

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by zedman View Post
    serves u right i suppose 4 tryin ilegal hacks on nintendo
    Pull your head out of your a**, whats illegal? Hacks? I don't think so.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

lmao

nothing on my wii was illegal its just nintendo doesn't support people who use homebrew........... but either way i got my wii back i now have homebrew channel on it preloader and bootmii as an ios. I also instaled preloader just because i can and now i have a wii running 4.2u hacked ftw!

How long did it take for you to send your Wii to Nintendo and then get it back?