Thread: Softmod - What do I need to be able to remove without loosing data

Smile Softmod - What do I need to be able to remove without loosing data

I would like to know what I would need if I want to install a softmod and be able to remove it without a trace (if I want to upgrade for example) and without loosing important data.

Important data is for example my Wi-fit profile.
    (Backup/restore can be manual: (backup data, restore virgin state, upgrade Wii, restore data)
    I am not really a hacker, just want to know all implications before i start, and it is difficult to find everything I need to know)

Thanx

Banned
    You will not loose any save game data by either updating or virginizing your Wii. If you'd like you can take a look HERE! for all manner of nifty system utilities for the Wii to save stuff and then transfer the saves to your PC for safe keeping.

It seems many of these tools are free?
    Are they also quite safe? (Not containing attacks)
    Can i just install the softmod, and expect that I can solve problems when/if they occur

Banned
    All Wii Homebrew is free. If anyone charges you for any of these programs you are getting ripped off. I would trust anything that comes from WiiBrew, 100% clean. I would have to say that 99% of all problems associated with homebrew are "solveable", unless you do something really stupid [ie total brick]. Thats why I always suggest Preloader and BootMii installed, as well as making a NAND backup in case you need to restore your console to a full working state.

And remember if you ever encounter ANY problems along the way, don't be shy and ask your problem on these forums. Either another qualified member/MOD or myself will answer you. Just make sure you include as much information you can when you encountered the problem [ie error code, what you were trying to install at the time, System Menu Version you are running], the more info the better that we can answer you in a timely fashion. And please try to use the search function FIRST! as most questions are usually already answered.

Good Luck!