Thread: Should I update to 4.2?

Smile Should I update to 4.2?

I already fully softmodded my Wii. I am still on 4.1U. I can do everything I want to right now except using the Nintendo channel. Is updating to 4.2 safe? Are there any cons? What should I do?

Thumbs down

U should read the posts on here. As far as I am aware it is a big NO. It will wipe your soft mod out as it is a new security update.

nintendo ch only needs 24connect to be turned on, 4.2 is the shop channel but u can instal a WAD updated ver

OK so what do I do now? Is this WAD thing going to stop the Wii from asking me to update? Will I have access to the shop channel? Where should I download it from? I think I heard something called Waninkokos updater. But I don't know what that is. I'm a lost newbie here.

Uhhhh. Bumping a topic is allowed if my question hasn't been answered for 6 days, right?

What question you want answered as you posted several ? If you are still thinking about updating to 4.2 I wouldn't I would stay on 4.1 . And for the shop channel I believe you only need to install Ios 61 and shop channel v18 . See this thread.

http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew-dow...installer.html

Don't know if it still works since I don't use the shop channel.