Thread: Just got back into Wii Need some help

Just got back into Wii Need some help

Ok so I booted up my wii last night and got my info. I just came back to the wii scene and my wii is already soft modded. I just want to make sure I don't brick my wii or anything trying to do all the new stuff thats out.
    Ok so I have 3.2U , I updated my homebrew channel using my internet connection. I think I have 1.1 now im on 1.6.
    I had neogamma installed on my channel list as well.

So at the moment I'm really trying to get the NSMB Wii working and I want to use the USB Loader.

I have the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_PAL_Wii-BAHAMUT and I have a NTSC console.

So first things first
    What do I need to do to update my wii to the newest versions of everything?
    I see the guide says use priiloader etc I think I only have bootmii.
    Whats the best USB Loader out there? I want something stable and if possible pleasing to the eye(as my kids will probally use it)

THanks in advance I just don't know what steps I should take for a already modded wii to get up to date and be bale to get NSMB to work .

check out the guide in my sig for nsmb

4.0e preloader29jodi hbc 1.0.6
    neogammer r8 cIOS38 r14 2gb microsd

Dogeggs 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii
    Messie's guide for 4.2 system menus

cool thanks will read up on it

but all in all I should just install neo gamma or usb loader gx and everything should work fine? or should I do some updating before I do all that?

And im not saying just for nsmb im saying just in general for all games

i only use neogamma and have no probs could'nt say about usb loader gx as i have never used it's all down to personal preference i know dogeggs does a guide to update to 4.1 you could check that out

Well am I really loosing anything by not updating? What are the risk's as far as bricking my wii if I don't update? If I can just pop neogamma on my sd card and run the games from usb (after I format it in the manager) then ill be ok with just doing that I just didnt know if I should update and would there be a risk if I didn't

dont think you'll lose anything by not updating but there are always risks when your modding ur wii ,thats a risk we all take if it aint broke dont fix it????

lol ok cool so basically I should just throw the neogamma and usb loader on my sd and run them. As far as the ciso rev 14 etc that comes with the loader or w/e else I just run those and i should be ok?
    Hopefully everything goes ok im gonna try it out when I get home right now im just reading and downloading files
    thanks for helping

no probs happy hacking