Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple Questions

Couple Questions

I just got a First Generation Wii.
    I think it is Version 2.0. What softmods will I need? Can I still install the Homebrew Channel?
    I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help!

Hey thanks for the help.
    I am following those directions and I downloaded the files and put them on my 2gb SD Card.
    I put the card into my Wii.
    When I go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card the wii freezes completely before I even get a chance to look at the contents and I can only reset it by unplugging the power cord. Any ideas?

Banned
    Try formatting the SD card again [making sure it's FAT32] and put the contents of the download back onto the card.

It's already in FAT32. I did that before I even downloaded the files.

Okay I just wanted to clarify.
    The wii I have is one of the first ones released.
    It has NEVER BEEN UPDATED. So it is still running the original system menu. I think it is 2.0.
    The Guide you posted is called New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii.
    That sounds contradicting. 3.1-4.1 sounds like its talking about system menus and I have 2.0. Should I be updating first? Or is there a different softmod I need???

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayerling View Post
    It's already in FAT32. I did that before I even downloaded the files.
    sd or sdhc card?

Banned
    You could still do the homebrew install and then using Waninkokos updater you will be at 4.1. I mean you could do an official Nintendo Update to 4.2 but i wouldn't do that. You could also look into NUS to download system menu 4.1 and install it, but you would still need the HomeBrew Channel installed with a wad manager to install the System Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ur View Post
    You could still do the homebrew install and then using Waninkokos updater you will be at 4.1. I mean you could do an official Nintendo Update to 4.2 but i wouldn't do that. You could also look into NUS to download system menu 4.1 and install it, but you would still need the HomeBrew Channel installed with a wad manager to install the System Menu.
    So accessing the SD card is NOT an issue with my Wii and its System Menu version. I just reformatted again and am gonna try for it again.
    I will post the success or failure in a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    sd or sdhc card?
    It is just a regular SD card made by PNY.

Banned
    I'm about 100% positive you can still do the 31-4.1 system mod guide to mod your Wii, I am actually going to contact a MOD to find out for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast