Thread: NSMB Help w/ Bypassing Disk Update?

NSMB Help w/ Bypassing Disk Update?

I've got NSMB working on 4.1 NTSC-U using methods posted on the sticky with the disk update check skipped via my wiikey2
    Took the same method on a friends wii, but he has dfferent chip with no update skip function, and NSMB on disk channel still wants to perform a disk update. When i disable my wiikey2 update check, i get the same results.
    I've got the latest IOS's per DOP-IOS and i'm on 4.1U so my question is what am i missing to get the disk channel to overlook the stupid wii update ?
    (Please no recommendations for using Preloader, USB, Geko, or NeoGamma - we want to keep it little kid friendly)

Retired Staff
    either install preloader to block all update. Instal neogamma to run games from and block all updates, or install whichever IOS the game your trying to run uses.

i've got to assume it has something to do with what the update is checking for within the system since i have all necessary IOS's installed, probably boot2 to remove bootmii? Since the game I was using was a modified .iso file for the fix, I used Wii Scrubber 1.4 to remove the update partition as well, and everything works finem now...looks like i may have to take this path for all future games with updates.