Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I brick my wii?

Did I brick my wii?

Last night my power went out while my wii was updating when I put in the new Super Mario Brothers and the power went out. Now all I get is the Homebrew screen when I boot my wii and can't get it to do anything else. I can load into homebrew via SD card but that is it, can't play any games. I also have no network connection so I can't seem to update to 4.1 or anything. Anyone have any ideas or is it done for?

Which Homebrew screen?

Homebrew Channel with the bubbles?

Bootmii with the 4 icons?

Preloader screen with the lines of text..System Menu..Homebrew..Load/Install File?

What was the depth of your softmod before you bricked your Wii?
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

The homebrew with the bubbles says 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18.

I don't really remember what it was softmodded with before as I did it about 6 months ago.

Edit: Any help is greatly appreciated and if I get this fixed I'll be sure to make a donation.
    Last edited by droc00; 11-28-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Hello I have a similar problem.
    I was moding a machine and everything went well until....i installed priiloader.
    After the install i booted to priiloader text menu....i made the changes in the settings..choose to boot to system menu etc....when i rebooted my Wii it still goes to this screen.I can go into the homebrew channel but when i try to go to wii system menu
    it will not go.I am trying to install Menu 4.1u to see if it fixes the problem.

droc - Are you able to launch any apps from the homebrew channel? Such as Wad manager?

antgull - Yes reinstalling System IOS & System Menu usually fixes that type of issue.

yes, I can load the WAD Manager, cIOS38r14 Installer, Firmware updater 4.1, PriiLoader and Trucha Bug Restore. Since I have no network initialized and cannot access anyting to initialize it, I cannot run the updater to 4.1 which is what I was thinking needed to be done.

Ok that's brilliant.

You don't need to use firmware updater 4.1 as it can be done manually and offline.

First off you need IOS60patched IOS60patched.rar

Then you can grab NUS Downloader NUS Downloader - WiiBrew and download the System Menu 4.1 you need. Make sure you check Pack>WAD on the front of the app. This app is one of the best ever.

Priiloader will need a fresh install after you are done.

Thank You very much for the help! My wii is now operational except for playing the new Super Mario for some reason but I only rented it so whatever. Now time to remod it and send a donation your way. Thanks again.

Edit: Followed the guides to softmod and mario works again!
    Last edited by droc00; 11-28-2009 at 03:07 PM.

My problem was resolved also.....thanks for the quick reply

I have a different problem that relates to this thread's title - I installed Homebrew and did the 4.0 updater successfully. The IOS60/61 also updated successfully. However at that point I tried to restart and the Wii is now unresponsive, black screen on startup. What should I try?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast