Thread: Kinda Lost, need a few pointers, been away from this for a while

Kinda Lost, need a few pointers, been away from this for a while

Hi Everyone

I'm wondering if some of you people are willing to help me out a bit or even just point me in the right direction as to what I need to do. Even some links would be cool. I searched for a while and could not find exactly what I needed.

I purchased a USA wii back in nov 2008, it has a wii key 2 installed on the drive
    It started out with 3.4u menu and I used the twighlight hack , and installed the home brew channel and all the necessary software to downgrade it to 3.2 version.

Everything is working fine and I have about 20-30 backup games that work great.

I have recently got a hold of the new mario bros for wii and I have been reading that I need to install ver 4.2u before using it as well as the trucha bug and a couple other pieces as well .

I have heard that if I try to run the new mario game on 3.2u it will screw up and possibly brick my system.

I don't want this to happen so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what I need to do to upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2 if neccesary and anything else that is necessary to do this., or even point me to the proper links I need?

Also, will all my current backup games work on 4.2u

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in Advance

You most definagtely DO NOT have to upgrade to 4.2, so don't even update. I have a 3.4 and a 4.1 system running NSMB. It's more so the IOSs that you must upgrade. You may want to take a look at this guide for help on getting NSMB to work: HERE!!

As far as the IOSs that games use, well you can find a link in my sig that will bring you to a thread for that.