Thread: error 1101 and 972 loading discs fix

Thanks

Wink error 1101 and 972 loading discs fix

if you`ve burnt your disc and you get these errors 1101 or 972 depending on which loader your using, then chuck your discs away. clean the dvdrw lens a couple of times to make sure lens is clean then do a another copy and fingers crossed should be ok. i use image burn and test first before burning. after nine disks in the bin i finally found out it was not the wii that was the problem.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigod66 View Post
    if you`ve burnt your disc and you get these errors 1101 or 972 depending on which loader your using, then chuck your discs away. clean the dvdrw lens a couple of times to make sure lens is clean then do a another copy and fingers crossed should be ok. i use image burn and test first before burning. after nine disks in the bin i finally found out it was not the wii that was the problem.
    had you recently been experimenting with dvd+r disks before you had the problem

Thanks
    been using +r dvd`s all the time with no problem , sometimes i can play a disc great. then another time it wont load get error 1101. very strange.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigod66 View Post
    been using +r dvd`s all the time with no problem , sometimes i can play a disc great. then another time it wont load get error 1101. very strange.
    well, it's just that i heard the +r disks put more wear and tear on the drive so you may be looking at issues down the road. not sure just something i heard before.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    It's difficult to prove the +r thing but after hearing the grinding +r sometimes made I kept it to -r.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

6. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    It's difficult to prove the +r thing but after hearing the grinding +r sometimes made I kept it to -r.
    good enough for me lol