Thread: DVD-R Problem and USB Loader 002 error.

DVD-R Problem and USB Loader 002 error.

Hello,

I modded my wii and I'm able to load games from usb loader if I install them from the original DVD but when I put an iso that I got on there, I get the Error #002 when trying to load the game.

Also, I ran backup launcher gamma and tried to read dvd-r's that work in my friends system but they won't work in mine, is there something I have to install?

What are cIOS? installations for?? and which ones should I install. I'm so frustrated and confused.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Wiihacks Forum.. what are you using to put the iso's onto your hard drive/usb stick? did you follow the guide on here correctly??
    Please click the Button, in the bottom right if i helped you in any way..

Hi, I fixed the 002 error problem, I did some research sorry.

I still can't get the wii to read DVD-R disc's though, I heard there was a chipset in these
    new wii's that disable DVD-R's is this true or do I need to install something else in homebrew?

How new is your wii, the new versions wont play DVD-R at all..
    Please click the Button, in the bottom right if i helped you in any way..

Quote Originally Posted by hookahschwa View Post

I still can't get the wii to read DVD-R disc's though, I heard there was a chipset in these
    new wii's that disable DVD-R's is this true or do I need to install something else in homebrew?
    Possibly the d3-2 drive?
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

Do u want to share the fix with every one?

Quote Originally Posted by mkstool View Post
    Do u want to share the fix with every one?
    He did share, right here:

Hi, I fixed the 002 error problem, >I did some research< sorry.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

It's a brand new wii, so yeah probably wont read dvd-r's at all, anyone know of a hack that may come out for this or is it impossible to hack it?

Right now there aren't any fixes for it. Maybe soon, but no new info as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hookahschwa
    It's a brand new wii, so yeah probably wont read dvd-r's at all, anyone know of a hack that may come out for this or is it impossible to hack it?
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing