Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can not install IOS60-patched

Can not install IOS60-patched

Dear Sirs,

I followed the required steps for updating my WII V3.3E. Even successfully made a backup as optionally described.
    HBC 1.06 is working fine and ios35v4.16 seems to be the IOS version.

I tried to install IOS60-patched with the wad manager, it tells me it is a succes, but I don't see my version changing. As I intend to update to V4.1, I believe this is the first step to do, but it doesn't succeed ...

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Quote Originally Posted by ratteken View Post
    Dear Sirs,

I followed the required steps for updating my WII V3.3E. Even successfully made a backup as optionally described.
    HBC 1.06 is working fine and ios35v4.16 seems to be the IOS version.

I tried to install IOS60-patched with the wad manager, it tells me it is a succes, but I don't see my version changing. As I intend to update to V4.1, I believe this is the first step to do, but it doesn't succeed ...

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
    I presume you have used this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

......continue from step 4, read carefully and do the steps in the correct order
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

That's correct siphilips,

I'm stuck at that level ... Choosing the correct wad file, everything looks fine, when I go to the menu I don't see this "ios60" appearing nowhere ... Is this normal, can I proceed to the next step and update to 4.1 ?

Thanks

yes and yes, you need to run IOS60 patched before you run the update.

Make sure your wi-fi is set up on the Wii and that Wii connect is switched off
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

Ok Thanks !
    I'll give it a try this evening and 'll keep you informed about the results.
    So if I understood correctly, I won't be able to check if this ios60 patch is active ?

IOS60 patched is just a file that's run prior to updating to 4.1

When you run the 4.1 update your System Menu number will change.
    Last edited by siphilips; 11-24-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Us

ios60 isnt suppose to appear.

OK, this looks a little bit more clear to me now thanks to you guyz !
    Perhaps it is a good idea to mention that in the sticky manual too ? (not appearing of this patched file before updating to 4.1)

I'll try the update this evening ...

Thanks guyz,

It works now ! I am on the 4.1E ...
    Continued the other steps afterwards, all ok, installed preloader ok,
    Installed the new cIOScorp 3.5 for DVDR loading through Disc Channel ... all ok but when I came back to my homebrew channel it is upside down ! How can I recover it please ?
    Thanks for your help

simple, just reinstall homebrew channel again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast