Thread: NeoGamma r8Beta7 Questions. Please Answer

Us NeoGamma r8Beta7 Questions. Please Answer

I have read many tutorials and threads regarding upgrading neogamma. The closest I got was a tutorial that mentioned how to do this via usb loader. I am trying to upgrade this via my SD card through wad manager. I need your help in just answering a couple of questions. A simple yes or no for questions 1 and 2would be sufficient. I mainly need help with number 3. If you care to elaborate more It would be appreciated.

1. Do I need to upgrade my firmware before I begin to upgrade to NeoGamma r8beta7? (I currently have firmware 3.1, and neogamma v0.3)
    2. I understand that I have to install cIOS38rev14 in order to install NeoGammar8beta7. Do i have to be able to get onto a network when I do this? in other words, do I have to access the internet through wifi or other means when I am installing either of these two programs? (I can't access the internet worth crap where I am).

3.Lastly, I have all the files for NeoGammar8beta7, to include the wad that is required for cIOS38 rev14. I have placed the wad that cIOS38 needs onto the root of my SD card and have placed the cIOS38 contents in the apps folder. However, I don't know where to place the contents of the NeoGamma r8 beta7 folders. What goes in the apps folder, what goes in the wad folder AND do I extract the contents of the code_handler_sourse.rar file that is located in the sourcecode folder somewhere or leave it the hell alone where it is?

PLEASE ADVISE. As you can see, I somewhat know what I am doing and its all thanks to all of you that provide the information, still there are a couple of things that are not explained in detail for me to understand the exact process of somethings. Getting there though.......thanks.

install cios38rev14 is recommended before getting neoGamma.

1. yes, upgrade to 4.0, at least, is suggested. with Firmware_updater_4.x
    up 4.2 ? no, unless u intended to venture the latest challenges
    2. hbc--> cios38_installer (via wifi).
    or, do it offline with WAD-Manager to install the respective wad file as u mentioned in#3.
    3. u got ALL the files for NeoGR8 ?
    for APPS usage-- x:/apps/neogamma_dol_file
    for Channel installation -- x:/wad/neogamma_wad_file

WAD_manager be put as x:/apps/wad_mgr
    cios38 wad files as x:/wad/cios38_wad_file

u don't need to apply the source.rar file unless u want to modify codes. .... i guess u may need it to polish ur ideas, someday.

3. 1 User Says Thank You billyhome For This Useful Post