Before you boot the game do you change it to use IOS 222/223?
Okay I am using usb loader gx
I know I need to install hermes 222IOS in order to avoid freezing after the first battle of the story
I got the IOS222.wad file from here http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-s...os-v4-out.html
everything installed fine using waninkoko's wad manager
now when I boot the game I still keep receiving this error after beating kirby at the start of the story
any settings I have to place?I am using usb loader gx but I will download another usb loader if needed
please,anything is appreciated
EDIT: Fixed it, fixed by installing cIOS 38 rev 13b instead of rev14, game working fine set to load on IOS 249
Special Thanks to zelda101master on the wiihacks IRC
Last edited by ishiny; 11-25-2009 at 07:39 PM.
What version of USB Loader GX are you using?
Mine loads fine without any changes under Revision 837 and above
I think mines is rev 815 or something
I got the wad from dogeggs tut and its the same one as the loading games from hard drive thread
when I press update in usb loader it says none found
I followed these steps to install hermes IOS222 taken from http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-s...os-v4-out.html
Installation procedure with wifi, will not work with the LAN adaptor.
1. Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers. * This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. UnRAR uloader_v3.0B.rar and copy the apps/cios_installer/ directory to sd:/apps/
3. Also copy src/uloader/resources/ehcmodule.elf to sd:/USB-Loader/ehcmodule3.elf * Note the change in filename
4. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
5. Read the warning message and push A
6. Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
7. Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38
8. Wait for download and installation to complete
9. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
10. This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38
* IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.
* Experiment with other merges or not merging at all if neither of the options provided here work for you.
installed usb loader, slected IOS222 in game load settings,get the flashing blue led on the disc drive which means error
what else should I try?
Ok 815 is old now. Grab a new revision from the google code page for USB loader.
If you installed a wad it sounds like you installed the channel which means you will need to download the usbloader installer which will then download the latest wad and dol.
Alternately uninstall the channel via wad manager and install a forwarder instead and download a later revision dol file like 837.dol rename it to boot.dol and put it in sd://apps/USB_loader/boot.dol (or whatever the folder is called) and you will then be on the latest version and should be able to run the game
okay, I will report back with results
I got the latest boot.dol for usb loader from their site
placed it in the usb loader folder in apps on the sd
load from it and still gives me the error with game load settings set to IOS222
what else should I try?
Last edited by ishiny; 11-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Okay, I decided to delete my super smash iso and get a fresh one and test it out
in the mean time I finished downloading COD Modern Warfare reflex and installed it with WFBS to my hard drive
when I open USB Loader GX with the game in the hard drive I get a DSI error screen with some wierd stuff
when I remove it from my hard drive there are no problems
But heres the catch,when the game is in the hard drive usb loader gx wont run but CFG usb loader loads with it and plays the game fine
Hoping I solve the SSBB by downloading another iso,will report back soon , please let me know whats wrong with usb loader gx not liking cod on my Hard drive
I dont think downloading a new ISO will help you.
If you had installed USB loader as a channel (which it sounds like because you used a wad (though it could still be a forwarder)
What you should do is if you have put the new usbloader boot.dol in place then go to homebrew channel and load USB loaderGx through Homebrewchannel, this will ensure you are loading the latest from the sd card and not the channel installed on the wii memory.
Also what was the revision version of USB Loader you downloaded?