Thread: usb loader / formatting drive questions

Thanks

usb loader / formatting drive questions

hi, from some stupidity and ignorance i managed to format my external hard drive thus deleting it all. im in the process of recovery but would not like to experience this again.

now if i put stuff back on my external and it prompts me to format again for usbloader program, what do i do to prevent loss of data?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Are you formatting the drive to WBFS format before installing the games, that is the only format that the USB Loader will recognize (besides Configurable USB Loader FAT version).

Thanks
    im not sure what that means, as i had not gotten very far and im doing data recovery at the moment. what i did was (stupidlhy) stick my usb into the wii, went to hbc and usbloader, it was pretty slow so i just kept cliking randomly since i thought my screen was messed up and noticed i probably lcicked yes for formatting before continuing (only option). then i noticed there were no games so i went back, checked my external on the PC and it was formatted! on top of that, it said i had to format it (again?) to proceed. i decided to run recovery before doing so and still am!!!

any answers on the effect of formatting, though?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    There is a tutorial on USB loading and playing, LOOK HERE.

Thanks
    thanks, did not venture very far out of the noobie section of the forums. will ttry tonight