Thread: newbie question

newbie question

ok im new at this. ive been redaing lots about how to hack my wii now for a couple of weeks.
    my wii is an older version that i bought a couple of years ago and have never soft moded it yet.

i saw the tutorials on how to install homebrew channel on wii using zelda game and twilight princess hack.
    then a read about someone else not using zelda and twilight princess and installing homebrew just by sd card and simpl clicking install. verry confussing.

what i would like to know is do i need wifi plugged in, what are the best versions of the hacks to use. and #1 whats the program i use that will allow me to simply play backedup versions of my ntsc games.? i know there is gecko that will allow me to play pal and other formats. i just wanna play ntsc.

can anyone explain this to me it would be verry appreciated thank you for your time. sorry for being such a noob, but there is so much information and outdated hacks i just dont know where to start.
    All i want to accomplish is playing burnt games. that i already own of coarse.

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    This is the recommended tutorial for you to use:
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

and if i dont have internet connection on wifi what do i do?
    does its cost anything to have it?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    It costs nothing to have wifi. You just need a wireless router and that's about it.