Thread: neogamer loads from usb but not dvd

neogamer loads from usb but not dvd

this is my first ever post so please be kind,
    i have spent 2 days searching but to no avail i have tried this on two WII's and both have the same result so i am assuming its something im doing wrong or not doing.
    i have followed this guide
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    when i open neogamer it is R8 beta 7, IOS249 (rev14) it will play games from usb memory pen but when i try to lounch game on dvd on Wii 1 it says disc could not be read i take out the dvd and it says please install mario cart dvd (thats what i was trying to load )
    and on wii 2 it says DVD read error (1224)
    please help as my usb pen is only 8gb big and i keep having to delete the game and put on another everytime i want to change
    many thanks

do you use Verbatim DVD-r burned at 4x?

i used a imation dvd-r burned at x2 (the slowest it would let me)

ok try verbatim

first try neogamma r7 tho

this may be a stupid question but how do i get to seven from 8

find neogamma r7 and install it with wadmanager. the guide you followed should provide it

uninstalled r8 and installed r7 it now comes up with a new dvd error code 1269
    neogamma R7 ios249 rev 14

first time i hear of this error... try a verbatim to see if thats the problem

thanks for the help, i will order some from tinternet and try that

I am trying to load Mini Ninjas NTSC on my 4.2U console. I get the same error as the guy above. It loads fine on USB Loader Gx. When I load the backup using Neo-Gamma R8 beta 7 i get "DVD read error (1224)" This is the first time I have recieved this message ever.

And Yes I am using Verbatim burned at 4x so i doubt it is the disc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    (edit)

Tried loading backup from a different wii that i modded 4.2U also. That one was running Neo Gamma 7. it worked fine. So maybe I'm missing an IOS. Not sure which one. I will have to compare IOS's on both consoles and come back on another post.
    Last edited by juGGer1; 12-14-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: edit.

CoD4 Reflex: 4930 1783 4128
    CoD5 WAW: 4211 2870 2849
    Xbox gtag: ju66er