Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: patched NSMB /w hardmod in Disc Channel

patched NSMB /w hardmod in Disc Channel

----------------------
    Note as per bob123456

Be carefoul with DOPios guys
    I think I know why I bricked the first time. I read on the 4.2 softmod tutorial on this website that you are not supposed to use DOPios if you have Preloader installed...

Just a heads up.
    ----------------------

Here's a tutorial of how to run a patched NSMB game on a hard modded Wii. Common Error messages are included.

My setup is
    Wiikey 1.9s
    System 4.1U
    cIOS 38 r14
    Hermes IOS 222

Last edited by jtan0980; 11-23-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks for the video, seems really helpful, but I'm having problems with the first patch, I get a 1017 error, not sure what to do from here on it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

System 4.1U (Or so the Wii settings say)
    Wiikey V1 1.9S

How do you get the DOP-IOs onto your homebrew channel? is their a tetorial or instructions on how to do this. Thanx Thats the thing im missing to complete this tetorial. I have the home brew installed already, just not DOP-Ios. CHEERS

I believe you just download it from here and put in apps folder in your sd card.

Dop-IOS - WiiBrew

I got past the 1017 error, but when I try to install ios53, the file isn't found on my sd card, nor is the network option working
    Not sure what to do

I just tried this. Patched 53 first and then 60. Then I realized I was just repatching 60 because it I was sure I did it before with WAD manager.

In any case, the update to 60 was "successful" but bricked my wii. I am doing a bootmii restore right now *fingers crossed*

*edit* I successfully flashed. Back to having 3.4, and only bootmii and HBC... Getting this to work has been a pain. I think it's a no-go for me because some have said the D2CKey might not work at all, which is the mod I have.
    Last edited by bob123456; 11-22-2009 at 09:08 AM.

finally figured it out, wiiconnect24 was on and the cause of my problems.
    Now I've got it running and I couldn't be happier.
    thanks so much for the tutorial
    if you ever produce a bootmii tutorial, let me know, it sounds really helpful, and I would be eternally grateful
    thanks
    evoodoo

Quote Originally Posted by evoodoo View Post
    finally figured it out, wiiconnect24 was on and the cause of my problems.
    Now I've got it running and I couldn't be happier.
    thanks so much for the tutorial
    if you ever produce a bootmii tutorial, let me know, it sounds really helpful, and I would be eternally grateful
    thanks
    evoodoo
    I never knew Wii Connect 24 could cause the problem. Glad to hear you fixed it. Enjoy!

problem

so I have already followed all your steps and I am also using 4.1U but after doing all these steps NSMB is asking me to system update?? which I had already done before when I was attempting different methods to get the game to work? any suggestions?

Stumped

With the D2CKey, all I get is a black screen, the drive spins down, and the system freezes. I need to hold Power for 5 seconds to turn off the Wii.

I didn't use DOPios to patch IOS60 because I can see the game logo in the disc channel, so all I did is patch IOS53. Before patching with IOS53 I would get the "An error has occurred message" after starting the game.

I am on 4.1u using the Dogeggs complete guide. I am not using Hermes IOS222 if that matters... Is the D2CKey to blame here?

I have tried 3 different versions (all US)... a patched version, the scrubbed Wiisos version and the untouched QWiif version with Neogamma beta 13 with and without the alt .dol... truly stumped.
    Last edited by bob123456; 11-22-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast