Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSMB works on Neogamma, problems when trying to use Usb loader GX

Exclamation NSMB works on Neogamma, problems when trying to use Usb loader GX

Okay so I followed dogeggs 3.1-4.1 guide and have negamma and usb loader gx both installed

I got a patched version of NSMB on a kingston USB flash drive
    I fireup neogamma select usb with all default settings and the game works

I fireup usb loader gx ,select NSMB then click on the blue cd and the screen stays black and I have to force power off the console

my wii is NTSC-U V4.1(upgraded from 3.3 using dogeggs tut)

what should I do?
    I can use neogamma fine but I want to buy a hard drive to run games on usb loader but I want to get it working before I spend any more cash ; ;

if it helps I also loaded the game on a 512mb sd card and works with neogamma r8 b7

off topic my wii bricked a few days ago, sent it to N and got it back but I think it has a D3-2 drive since cd backups also wont work(they did change the console SN, it was LU62 and now they sent me a LU61)

Most likely is the settings in GX if Neogamma works. Have you set 002fix on.

Will do, reporting back in 5mins
    Currently 4.1u(from 3.3u using waninkoko's updater) LU61 wii with D3-2 drive >_< 80GB WD Passport HDD
    Neogamma R8 B7 for testing , dont use it much
    USB loader GX r838
    BootMii as IOS (backup of NAND on PC)
    Preloader 0.29 system menu v449
    System IOS v60 cIOS 38 Rev 14

okay it worked I feel like a total noob(Really don't know much about soft modding)

Well my other concern is that I may have a D3-2 Drive and neogamma r8 b7 always gives me a 1053 error when trying to load a game from a DVD-R

like I said I got my wii back from nintendo yesterday and I'm almost sure they placed a D3-2 drive in there ;( my consoles original sn was LU62 and now the one they sent me is LU61

Thank You for the quick response
    Currently 4.1u(from 3.3u using waninkoko's updater) LU61 wii with D3-2 drive >_< 80GB WD Passport HDD
    Neogamma R8 B7 for testing , dont use it much
    USB loader GX r838
    BootMii as IOS (backup of NAND on PC)
    Preloader 0.29 system menu v449
    System IOS v60 cIOS 38 Rev 14

Quote Originally Posted by ishiny View Post
    okay it worked I feel like a total noob(Really don't know much about soft modding)

Well my other concern is that I may have a D3-2 Drive and neogamma r8 b7 always gives me a 1053 error when trying to load a game from a DVD-R

like I said I got my wii back from nintendo yesterday and I'm almost sure they placed a D3-2 drive in there ;( my consoles original sn was LU62 and now the one they sent me is LU61

Thank You for the quick response
    Yes thats a blow. You can buy earlier replacement drives, but you might aswell run from HDD.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Most likely is the settings in GX if Neogamma works. Have you set 002fix on.
    How can this fix be applied. I have downloaded 5 different NSMB from net and the NTSC fix main.dol as well. Nothing has worked. Can I use Neogamma 7 to load my USB drive as well? I am using a Sony 8GB drive. Never used USB before. I have Both USB loaders installed as mentioned in the 4.2 upgrade tut.

Also, I couldn't burn NSMB onto DVD. It asks for CD-RW, how can it fit on CD? I use Nero 7. All other games worked fine, but NSMB.

The settings on your Nero must be wrong, this game could physically fit on a CD as it can fit on a 512MB SD card. Select DVD not CD.

Smile

The settings on your Nero must be wrong, this game could physically fit on a CD as it can fit on a 512MB SD card. Select DVD not CD.
    I tried DVD, but it didn't work. It has worked with neogamma 7 as USB. Never tried USB before. Now I am going to partition my WD MyBook 500GB and use 200+ GB for Wii. Will it work? Half of HDD as NTFS and other half as WBFS?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I tried DVD, but it didn't work. It has worked with neogamma 7 as USB. Never tried USB before. Now I am going to partition my WD MyBook 500GB and use 200+ GB for Wii. Will it work? Half of HDD as NTFS and other half as WBFS?
    Yes make sure you make both partitions primary and active.

Thumbs up

Yes make sure you make both partitions primary and active.
    Thanks for the suggestion. How can I make both partitions primary? Can this be done in fdisk or should I use a special program? Will I loose my existing data on one of the NTFS partition?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast