Thread: Changing USB Loader

Red face Changing USB Loader

I have the tekno consolas usb loader v1.5, but it wont allow me to play some newer games from the hdd, comes up with error 002. I cant seem to find any information on altering this loader to enable play of the newer games, so i am looking at changing the loader to a different one. But i have no idea of what i am supposed to do. The reason i have no idea is that the wii had already been modded when bought. Also, if anyone could help, could you please explain step by step in plain english, as i dont understand alot of technical computer terms. Thanks.

There is a step by step usb loading guide in the forum, search in the recommended guides and tutorials section

USB loader GX is the app you need

You will need to download and install an alternate loader, such as USB Loader GX

Downloads - usbloader-gui - Project Hosting on Google Code

To install this .dol file you must, rename it to boot.dol, create a folder called apps on the root of you SD and place it in there. Thus..

sd:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol

or for the easy installer
    http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/..._Installer.exe

Simple.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    You will need to download and install an alternate loader, such as USB Loader GX

Downloads - usbloader-gui - Project Hosting on Google Code

To install this .dol file you must, rename it to boot.dol, create a folder called apps on the root of you SD and place it in there. Thus..

sd:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol

or for the easy installer
    http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/..._Installer.exe

Simple.
    what do i do with the loader that is already on the sd card

Quote Originally Posted by cosso1 View Post
    what do i do with the loader that is already on the sd card
    A USB loader is just an application - either ignore it or just delete it from your SD card.

Nothing wrong with having more than 1 USB loader if you really don't need the SD card space.

Rich

Thanks for everyones help. I changed the loader and deleted the old one from the sd card and now i can get the new games to work. GREAT. As a newbie though, i did copy everything off the original sd card to another sd card and played around with the copy, just incase anything went wrong.
    Thanks again everyone.