Thread: 4.2e help please

4.2e help please

I've got a modded wii (wikey chip ) that has been accidently upgraded to 4.2e, after this upgrade about half of backup games don't work, is there anything I can do to get these to work.

Apologies if I've missed a post on this already but I'm a complete novice to this kind of stuff, did try and search but see anything.

I could do with you assuming I'm a 6 year old with any technical explainations as I'm a total novice with this kind of stuff, I'm just trying to fix the problems so the kids stop giving me grief.

All help greatly appreciated

Yoffer

I guess it did a system update. Have you done anything to the Wii since.
    Here is a very complete guide, its all there, just follow it exactly.

Don’t update to 4.2, but if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie

Yeah kids updated it accidently nothing else has been done though they just tried to play games most which don't work

I saw this post but wasn't sure if this was what I needed to do just to play backups or if it was for was for something else.

thanks

I think if you don't want to fully softmod your Wii, you should check out your wikey chip updates. I'm sure there is a simpler answer. Hard mods are supposed to cope with updates.
    If you have no luck here try posting in the Wii modchip forum.

also you will not be able to play out of region games with hardmod, only softmod